Unsolicited Scripts and Project Submission Guidelines
Canadian Stage accepts unsolicited scripts and previously produced projects for consideration for production.
Founded in 1987 with the merger of CentreStage and Toronto Free Theatre, Canadian Stage is one of Canada’s leading not-for-profit contemporary theatre companies. Led by Artistic & General Director Matthew Jocelyn, Canadian Stage produces and showcases innovative theatre work from Canada and around the world, allowing its audience to encounter daring work guided by a strong directorial vision and a 21st-century aesthetic. The company prides itself on presenting trans-disciplinary work and work in translation that pushes the boundaries of form and style. The company reinforces the presence of Canadian art and artists within an international context through work that mirrors the cultural diversity of Toronto. Canadian Stage has a long-standing commitment to education and enhancement programs for the public and investing in the art form by nurturing and developing theatre professionals while producing thought-provoking theatre and quality entertainment in Toronto, one of North America’s largest theatre centres. For more information, refer to canadianstage.com.
Submissions of both scripts and trans-disciplinary projects will be accepted in hard copy format only (no electronic submissions). DVDs and support materials are welcome. Submissions are reviewed by a reading committee made up of staff, artists and community members, and each project will receive a response within six months. Please note we do not provide a critique of your script or dramaturgical feedback.
– Please provide two (2) copies of all materials including script or production project details including an outline of the play’s developmental history, artists involved and any other support materials.
– When possible, our committee members read each script blindly before looking at supplementary materials; please do not include your name on each page of your script.
– Please include a large self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to have your materials returned.
– Our committee will review a script or project once.
– We will only review one script or project per writer per season.
Unsolicited Script and Project Submissions
Attn: Natasha Mytnowych
Associate Director of Programming
26 Berkeley Street
Toronto, ON M5A 2W3